FairVote's work pushing pre-registration since 2005 is also making a big difference in Rhode Island, where a major canvassing effort (the “Make it Happen” campaign) is underway in support of pre-registration. A Pew Charitable Trusts research team currently is examining the impact of pre-registration on FairVote's goal of universal registration of all soon-to-be-eligible voters, ideally twinned with civic programs explaining voting mechanics and the history of suffrage.
- Massachusetts news story detailing Rep. Ellen Story's support for pre-registration
- Rhode Island video by young activists backing pre-registraiton
- New America Foundation factsheet on preregistration in California and news story
- FairVote resources on pre-registration
- The bad news--see what good election and transparency bills the governor vetoed here