Job Announcement: California Clean Money CampaignExecutive Director, California Clean Money Campaign
The California Clean Money Campaign (CCMC) is seeking an experienced, dynamic Executive Director to take it to its next stage of development. CCMC, a 501c3 founded in 2001, is a non-partisan organization working to achieve an open and accountable government by building statewide support for public funding of election campaigns. It does this through grassroots organizing, providing educational information and sponsoring educational forums, serving as an expert resource for legislators, other government officials and the press, drafting and sponsoring Clean Money legislation, and by building a coalition of organizations working to achieve this needed reform. CCMC is the only statewide organization dedicated to full public funding of elections, with a large database of supporters and groups of activists meeting monthly in 10 locations throughout the state, supported by a small staff located in Los Angeles and San Francisco. It is the sponsor of active Clean Money legislation that has passed the state Assembly and is now in the State Senate.
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer of CCMC, with primary responsibility for managing the organization's day-to-day operations, leading the organization's fundraising and educational
activities, coordinating any advocacy of its affiliated 501c4, directing and coordinating the work of the staff, and serving as the primary spokesperson for Clean Money in California.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will ensure that the organization is fiscally sound and that its internal and external communications, fundraising, and programs are meeting the goals set in consultation with the Board.
Specific responsibilities include
- Direct grassroots, legislative monitoring, and public education programs;
- Fund-raising, manage and increase both individual and institutional donor support;
- Membership recruitment and development;
- Supervision of staff, retaining ultimate responsibility for staff effectiveness;
- Oversee administrative functions, including financial management and compliance with CCMC's by-laws and applicable laws and regulations;
- Public/media relations;
- Outreach to public and other organizations, to increase familiarity with Clean Money concept;
- Testify before, educate, and advise, elected officials and staff on full public funding of elections;
- Develop strategy;
- Represent the organization in coalition and to funders;
- Lead and expand coalition of organizations supporting Clean Money for California;
- Board relations and development
The successful applicant will be a strong leader and hands-on manager who will continue the growth of the organization while honoring its grass roots nature and maintaining its strong reputation. The Executive Director must have political savvy and passion for the vision of achieving an open and accountable government that is responsive to the needs of all Californians. The position requires strong strategic planning and communication skills and a can-do attitude.
- Successful track record in raising funds from individuals and foundations
- Demonstrated skill as a clear communicator, spokesperson and trainer
- Experience in program planning and development
- Ability to build collaborations/alliances with other people and organizations
- Ability to maintain a non-partisan approach
- Grassroots and volunteer management experience important
- Computer skills required, with layout and design skills a plus
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and in collaborations
- Familiarity with campaign finance and political and election reform issues a plus
- Detailed knowledge of California's political climate and the forces and individuals who shape it
- A minimum of 5 years working in the nonprofit sector desirable with a minimum of 3 years in senior management positions.
- Education: A Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university required.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will depend on experience. Health insurance is provided.
How to Apply
Send resume, a writing sample, and three references in confidence by email to EDsearch@caclean.org with "ED Search" in the subject line or to:
California Clean Money Campaign
11844 W. Pico Blvd., Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Review of applications will begin November 26th and continue until the position is filled. CCMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and seeks diverse applicants.