Formal endorsements of the National Popular Vote Plan as of March 2009 include the following. Web-based versions of these endorsements can be found via the links provided.
- Asian American Action Fund
- AAA-Fund's endorsement of National Popular Vote (NPV) [link]
- [ Common Cause ]
- Common Cause and several of its state branches have been active partners from the news conference announcing the plan in February 2006.
- At its 2008 annual convention in Cincinnati, Ohio, the NAACP adopted a resolution in support of the proposition of a national popular vote for president in general and the National Popular Vote plan in particular. It won final approval of the NAACP board on October 17, 2008. [resolution (PDF 54 Kb)]
- National Black Caucus of State Legislators
- In December 2006, This resolution [resolution (PDF 37 Kb)] was unanimously adopted by the Judiciary Committee of the National Black Caucus of State Legislators (NBCSL) at its annual meeting in Jackson, Mississippi . It was adopted by acclamation on the floor.
- National Latino Congreso
- NLC passed overwhelming support of NPV at its September 2006 conference [resolution (PDF 56 Kb)]
- Sierra Club
- In February, 2009, Sierra Club published its formal endorsement of NPV [resolution]
- U.S. Public Interest Research Group (PIRG)
- U.S.PIRG's March, 2009 press release supporting NPV. [press release]
The following organizations have also established support for a national popular vote plan:
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Public Citizen
For a listing of state legislators and other individuals backing the National Popular Vote Plan, see its webpage at www.nationalpopularvote.com.