LWV ArizonaConsensus 2005, Amended 2008
The League of Women Voters of Arizona believes in the election system principle of greater vote representation. The LWVAZ maintains the hope that election system reform that provides a stronger voice for the greatest number of voters should have a positive effect on voter participation. Therefore, the LWVAZ:
- Supports changing the present election systems so that they more accurately represent the wishes of voters:
- Adopting the Instant Runoff Voting (IRV)system for single seat races;
- Adopting proportional representation for multi-seat races, specifically Ranked Choice Voting.
- Believes that education of the voting public is important to election systems.
- Supports giving Arizona voters the option of more choice among election systems.