Options and issues for implementation
By Caleb Kleppner
Published March 9th 2007
FairVote commissioned a complementary report by Caleb Kleppner, one of the nation's foremost experts on the use and administration of ranked choice elections. This report lays out a full range of implementation options for Vermont and includes topics such as voting equipment, counting procedures and voter education programs. Along with the Secretary of State's report, Kleppner's report will help legislators and election officials develop an IRV implementation roadmap for 2008 and beyond.
Individual report documents are available below. You can download the full report in .zip form by clicking the report icon above.
- Executive Summary [PDF-93kB]
- Report [PDF-325kB]
- Appendix 1: IRV ballots from San Francisco and Burlington [PDF-162kB]
- Appendix 2: Voter education materials from Burlington [PDF-1.2mB]
- Appendix 3: Best practices from implementation of IRV in San Francisco and Burlington [PDF-79kB]
- Appendix 4: About the author [PDF-62kB]