Election/Appointment Process: Appointed by the Governor
- Prescribes voter registration forms
- Determines ballot eligibility of parties
- Approves new voting systems/ devices (after the federal government certifies them)
- Advertises statewide ballot questions
- Prepares election calendar (with approval from state legislature)
Statewide recounts can only be ordered by a judge.
County Boards of Elections canvass election returns.
Current Official(s): Peter Kosinsksi, Executive Director
Public Office Experience:
Reelection/Reappointment Date: 2010
Contact Information: Peter Kosinski
40 Steuben Street
Albany, NY 12207-2108
Phone (518) 474-6220
Voter Info. 1-800-367-8683