3 seats: 3R
Where It Ranks Among the States (House Elections 2000)
- Voter Turnout: 15th (55%)
- Victory Margin: 38th (46%)
Facts in Focus
The average margin of victory in Nebraska
House races in 2000 was 46%. Only twelve states had larger average margins of victory
- Republicans won 72% of the House vote
statewide, up from 60% in 1992, 64% in 1994 and 68% in 1996. They
have won all seats since 1992.
- Approximately four in ten adults in Nebraska
voted for their representative in the U.S.
- All of Nebraska's U.S. House races were won by landslide, only the second time this has happened
since 1984 (the first being in 1998). Two of the state's three
incumbents have won every election in 1992-2000 by landslide.
How Nebraska ranked in 2000